Step Up – Support Worker
Job Title: Support Worker
Location: Falkirk or Alloa Based
Hours: Full Time & Part Time Positions Available
Hourly Rate: £21,840 – £24,765 per annum (£11.20 – £12.70 per hour) & Benefits
Line Managed by: Area Service Manager
Step Up are pleased to announce that due to continuous growth we are looking for Support Workers in both the Falkirk and Alloa areas – full-time & part-time roles available, working a combination of day shifts and backshifts, including every 2nd weekend.
Here’s what some of the people we work with recently said about our service:
“Service was excellent and the young person developed all skills to maintain and sustain her own tenancy. Would definitely use the service in the future. Staff went above and beyond expectations“.
“Brilliant service and will continue to refer young people when possible as they are all succeeding at their own individual rate“.
“Step Up provide an excellent service to our young people and it is a pleasure to work in partnership with them to support our young people“.
We offer a competitive salary of £21,840.00 – £24,765.00 FTE per year (£11.20 – £12.70 per hour) depending on skills & experience and our benefits package includes:
- Additional on-call payment (£25)
- Doubled on-call payment for key dates during the festive season
- Increased rates of pay (time and a half) during key dates in the festive season
- Payment of SSSC registration fees
- Annualised hours rota system ensuring your monthly salary is the same each month
- Every 2nd weekend off
- Up to 35 days’ holidays FTE based on length of service
- Additional staff perks (previously Just Eat vouchers, Spa vouchers & Amazon vouchers)
- Colleague Referral Scheme (2 x separate payments of £100 each)
- Free Employee Counselling Helpline available 24/7
- Company cars for work use
- Mileage rate of 45p per mile (paid on occasions where own car used for business
- Training and development opportunities
- Generous Pension scheme
- Staff kitchen fully stocked with drinks & snacks at all times (with ‘Filled roll Fridays’!)
- Free parking
As a Support Worker, you will work with care-experienced young people, supporting them to build on their independent living skills to enable them to progress to a mainstream tenancy. This will include being a mentor to specific people and leading service projects which contribute to company objectives. Mentoring is a key element of the role, promoting a flexible yet consistent approach to engaging in employment, training and/or education, home management, budgeting, and building on their social skills and development to achieve their goals in life.
You will be required to offer practical, emotional, and social support. A person-centred approach will be adopted to ensure we are meeting the needs of each individual we support.
Enhancing people’s quality of life by providing support in their own homes and in the community that will improve and enhance life chances, living environment, and wellbeing, is at the forefront of this role.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the development of person-supported skills, confidence, and self-esteem.
- Provide and participate in appropriate care planning, review and assessment whilst
ensuring people are central to these processes.
- Develop person supported life management and independent living skills.
- Support people to achieve their educational, training or employment options.
- Promote person supported participation in the community and that they are actively
involved in the decision making of their day-to-day environment and activities.
- Work in partnership and develop professional, positive working relationships.
- Willingness to work shifts including evenings and every other weekend. Happy to discuss working patterns at interview stage.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form to satisfactorily perform the job role.
- Full manual driving license and access to a vehicle for work purposes.
So – what are you waiting for? If you feel you fit the bill and want to join our friendly, welcoming, and supportive staff team, apply now!
PVG scheme membership will be required for these posts.
Step Up adhere to ‘Safer Recruitment’ practices.
Please note Step Up do not currently hold a Sponsorship Licence.