Step Up – Sessional Support Worker
Job Title: Support Worker
Hourly Rate: £9.30 – £11.00 per hour
Line Managed by: Area Service Manager
As a Support Worker, you will work with vulnerable individuals to help them live their lives to the full. Your daily routine will be as varied as the needs of people you are looking after. You will act as a key worker to specific people and lead service projects contributing to company objectives.
You will often be the first to alert professionals with updates on support and any new health problems. You will be liaising with a variety of professionals to ensure that the relevant support is provided.
Enhancing people’s quality of life by providing support in their own home and in the community that will improve and enhance their life chances, their living environment, and their wellbeing, is at the forefront of this role.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide and participate in appropriate care planning, review and assessment whilst ensuring people are central to these processes.
- Promote a holistic and integrated and person centred approach to persons supported needs.
- Support the development of person supported skills, confidence and self-esteem.
- Develop persons supported life management and independent living skills.
- Support people to achieve their educational, training or employment options.
- Promote persons supported participation in the community and that they are actively involved in the decision making of their day to day environment and activities.
- Work in partnership and develop professional positive working relationships with colleagues, persons supported, statutory agencies and other professionals.
- Experience of dealing with challenging behaviours and assessing needs.
- Experience of working with other professionals.
- Experience working with vulnerable people
- Experience of On Call Responsibilities
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to build good relationships with vulnerable people users, colleagues and other professionals.
- Ability to promote interagency collaboration.
- Ability to work as part of team and use own initiative when required.
- Strong ability to deal with difficult situations and independently make appropriate decisions for the needs of the persons supported.
- Ability to assess safety and de-escalating challenging situations.
- Willingness to work shifts including evenings and weekends.
- 30 days annual leave inclusive of Public Holidays
- Training and development opportunities
- Generous Pension scheme
- Free parking
- Staff discount (Falkirk Business Hub businesses)
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining the Step Up Team then please download and complete an Job Application pack and return it to email@example.com. Alternatively, you can visit our online application form.
This post is considered to be Regulated Work with adults as specified in the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) (PVG) Act 2007. Accordingly, the preferred candidate will be required to become a member of the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update if already a Scheme member.
Step Up is an Equal Opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
We are expecting lots of people to want to be part of our growing Company. So unfortunately, if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of submitting your application, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.